“Imperfection is beauty; madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” Marilyn Monroe
I adore that quote. It’s so true. So with everything going on, this morning in the shower I started thinking. I, like everyone else have imperfections.
- I’m quiet in a room of people I don’t know. I’m just shy like that. I have to know you to be able to warm up to you.
- I goof off sometimes at work, but don’t we all?
- There are mornings when I don’t make my bed. *shhhh don’t tell Pappy*
- Yes I can be lazy at times and it seems to be a bit more lately about wanting to stay in bed and catch up on missing sleep than get up and go to the gym. Or I can just put it off until the evening…
- Yes, I have had times lately where I have had a craving for some sort of meat and ate it. Yet I felt terrible afterwards.
- I’m vain enough to want to tan, have nails because it makes me feel pretty.
- I’m not always the best daughter in the world, despite my best efforts.
- I’m not always the best friend in the world, despite my best efforts.
- My faith is a constant journey for me as is my spirituality.
I can go on for a while longer. But then again, I can stop right there. Because all of these imperfections make me who I am. And while I struggle with all that I have, I also have to make myself stop. Take a deep breath and realize that all of those shades make up me. And I have some pretty amazing people in my life who accept me imperfections and all.
And that makes me happy. So like I said yesterday, my goal is to stop with all the crap. If people can love me for who I am, why can’t I do the same? Isn’t everything just another Shade of Imperfection that we are working on?
- Life’s a beautiful thing! (twopartswhimsicalonepartpeculiar.wordpress.com)
- From Audrey to Marilyn: 20 Timeless Summer Looks to Inspire You (bellasugar.com)
- Modernizing Marilyn Monroe…50 Years Later…with Permanent Makeup (prweb.com)